Sunday, March 8, 2009

the lake;

he

vomits darkly into the basin

while I
crumble down the stairs possessed
by a demon of similar ilk

stars are in the sky.
not that I'm looking but
some primal part of me knows
that just like the cigarettes
and roads and bottles
they remain

or they're satallites.

she

laughs and it's a flash
of teeth and smoke
and I
push my fingers against my temples
and smile
for I only know this moment.

we

have our dues to pay

we

were purely built this way

we

tumble out the sidewalks
and breathe life into
ice with open hands

and closed eyes.

2 comments:

Jonathan Wu said...

and then,
nothing.
Thought, I'd drop a comment, I was originally supposed to go to Kyrgyzstan, ended up in Mali. Fun read.

Anonymous said...

Hello,

I'm a student at the College of Charleston, and I'm currently taking a course that focuses on Education in other cultures. We are doing a project that focuses on different cultures and first-hand accounts, and I was wondering if you'd be able to help me out? That would be great! Thank you so much!

Emily Bagwell
Charleston, SC
eabagwel@edisto.cofc.edu